Crestron Programming Tutorial
Please Be fore warned: This is a No Frills tutorial....
I have spared the time and expense of creating flashy graphics. What you will get instead are simple yet useful screen grabs from Crestron SIMPL Windows and Crestron Vision Tools Pro-e. When you have finished this tutorial, you will be able to create simple Crestron programs.
The purpose of this Crestron programming tutorial is to assist programmers who are new to Crestron SIMPL Windows programming and or Crestron VisionTools Pro-E (VtPro-E) programming to get started in their first Crestron SIMPL Windows or VisionTools Pro-E project. For this project, we will focus on setting up a specific controller (Crestron CP2E) with a specific touch screen (Crestron CT-1550). The Crestron programming techniques demonstrated in this document can be used with any Crestron control products.
Vision Tools Pro-e
After you have completed this Crestron programming tutorial, you will have learned how to:
- Start a Crestron Vision Tools Pro-e touch screen project
- Create a simple "my first button" Crestron project
- Create pages within a Crestron Vision Tools Pro-e project
- Modify Crestron touch panel page properties
- Assign digital press joins to button
- Change the text of a button
- Upload your project to a Crestron touch panel
- Start a Crestron SIMPL Windows project
- Configure a Crestron CP2E controller
- Create a simple Crestron control program
- Upload Crestron control code into a Crestron CP2E controller
- Test and troubleshoot Crestron programs using Crestron Viewport and Crestron Test Manager
This Crestron programming tutorial is not intended to replace official Crestron programming classes. I highly recommend that you investigate taking authorised Crestron programming training now offered through CTI. Just visit the Crestron Online Training section of the Crestron website.